THE FUNNY SIDE OF #WIDOWHOOD. OR: DO I HAVE A WARPED SENSE OF HUMOUR?
|Rugelach - the ultimate comfort food for #widows|
Here are some things that made me laugh, maybe inappropriately:
The things my book group members in L.A. sent to comfort me:
- A plant labelled “durable” – it better be, I’ve got a brown thumb!
- A video of Caroline Rhea— to remind me that men are a pain? So why miss him?
- A pillow – just one! To remind me why I miss him?
- Smoked salmon, bagels, bean-and-barley soup, rugelach – to fatten me up? Their concern is totally misplaced, but it was nice to see my kitchen look like a Jewish deli counter.
My four-year-old grandson’s reaction to my explanation of death: “Oh man!” (said in the tone men use when speaking of a lost Blue Jays game – genuine regret at what was lost and what could have been)
The plaque on the urn of my husband’s ashes with his name misspelled
– but they can’t fool me, I know who he is.
... "bravery in the field"! All contributions remind me a little to 'Monty Python’s Flying Circus', which amuses not everyone - but me awfully well! This is the most positive kind to dwell on thoughts. More of the same!ReplyDelete
Best Greetings from
'near of the Lake of Constance'.
Great to hear from so far away and from someone who knew my husband. Hey, I like being compared to Monty Python. I'm a Monty Python fan myself.ReplyDelete