#AMREADING OSCAR WILDE, THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY
Well, re-reading it, but this is one of the most quotable novels ever -- disgustingly glib, but undeniably witty.
- The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid.
- The ugly and stupid live s we all should live, undisturbed, indifferent, and without disquiet.
- Passion is a useful thing to get your book published. Nowadays a broken heart will run to many editions.
- Women are a decorative sex. They never have anything to say, but they say it charmingly.
- What they call loyalty, I call either the lethargy of custom or their lack of imagination.
- Is insincerity such a terrible thing? Not at all. It is merely a method by which we can multiply our personalities.
Post a Comment